The 8 Best Heart Attack Prevention Habits
A heart attack is a severe medical event that can lead to death. According to the American Heart Association, “heart disease is the leading cause of death in the world,” and it’s important to know what causes a heart attack so you can take steps toward prevention.
In this blog post, we’ll go over eight habits that have been shown by research to reduce your risk for developing coronary artery disease (CAD) and therefore having a heart attack.
A healthy heart is a key to living a healthy life. People who choose healthy habits tend to be more beneficial than those who don’t. There are eight healthy habits that you should incorporate into your daily routine for a healthy heart:
- Exercise regularly – Any light exercise, even walking or hiking, is good for your heart, but you need to do it regularly. Exercise keeps your heart healthy and helps prevent conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- Quit Smoking – Cigarettes are the biggest killers of a healthy lifestyle. They not only hurt your lungs but also damage your healthy cardiac system if you smoked regularly over long periods. Prevention is better than cure, so quit smoking today to be healthy.
- Eat Healthy Food – This is healthy common sense. You need to eat healthy food like fruits, veggies, drink coffee, and cereals for a healthy heart. They will help you live healthy and strong.
- Reduce Stress – Stress is one of the most significant factors that lead to health problems like stroke and heart attack. So make sure that you learn stress management techniques or at least reduce stressful situations in your life. This way you will be healthy and happy at the same time.
- Have healthy sleep – A healthy body is vital for healthy living, so you need to have proper sleep every day. Sleep is essential for keeping your heart healthy, as it increases blood flow to all parts of your body and improves blood circulation in your body.
- B Vitamins – You may not realize it, but a healthy heart and healthy skin are directly linked with the right amount of B vitamins stored in your body. Foods that you should eat to have healthy amounts of B vitamin include meat, eggs, legumes, and whole grains. Make sure that you regularly consume these healthy food items.
- Exercise your Brain – Just as exercising your body is healthy, you should also exercise your brain by learning something new every day or playing a challenging game on the internet—play mind games to keep fit and active at the same time.
- Keep blood pressure in control – High blood pressure is one of the leading causes of heart attack and stroke. Keep it within healthy limits to prevent such health conditions.
Following these healthy habits will reduce your risk of getting a heart attack by at least 45%. So eat healthily, exercise healthy, sleep healthy, play healthy and stay healthy for a happy and healthy lifestyle!